"Today, Tennessee Walking Horses are known throughout the industry
as the breed that shows abused and tortured horses."

~ Jim Heird, Ph.D., Do Right By The Horse, February 2010

"If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity,
you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

~ St. Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

RESEARCH - Anything Equine Blog by Rose Miller

I wanted to let everyone know about this great blog by my friend Rose Miller. Rose is a highly experienced TWH trainer and exhibitor. She has written two books, The Horse that Wouldn't Trot and Mules, Mules and More Mules, stories about her experiences with TWHs and with gaited mules.

Rose has this great blog she's been working on that has wonderful information from her experience as a sound TWH trainer called Anything Equine. I highly recommend reading this blog to learn more about TWHs and asking questions about the sound TWH, both as a pleasure horse and as a Performance horse. Also check out Rose's website to learn more about her and her books, www.rosemiller.net.

I hope everyone enjoys Rose's blog and books!

2 comments:

Funder said...

I just can't agree that sound padded horses are a good move :(

I am looking forward to reading her thoughts on conformation, etc.

Anonymous said...

I agree, Funder. But I think her point is that we have too many people who are entrenched in the look of the padded horse, and I have heard that the USDA doesn't see any reason to eliminate pads, stacks, chains and bands (probably because it would also affect the ASB community, and they certainly wouldn't be happy). So I think her point is to start getting judges to look for more fluid moving horses that don't have so much crouch. A BL horse can go sound, it just takes hard work and training. We need judges to start rewarding that work rather than rewarding the fix.

Blog Archive