"Today, Tennessee Walking Horses are known throughout the industry
as the breed that shows abused and tortured horses."

~ Jim Heird, Ph.D., Do Right By The Horse, February 2010

"If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity,
you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

~ St. Francis of Assisi

Sunday, October 7, 2012

NEWS - For the Tennessee Walking Horse Facebook Group Update

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO CONTACT YOUR CONGRESS PERSONS!
And please do it more than once to emphasize the importance of this to be passed!
Go to www.senate.gov and www.house.gov and go to the upper right corner to find your Congress person.

Hello sound horse warriors and friends.

I made the decision to list the FTTWH Facebook group as "Closed."  This means that the group can be found via a search on Facebook, and people can see the description of the group and the members in it, but they cannot read the posts.  This was my own decision, not with any of the other moderators.

The first reason I did this is because I've heard of some outside Facebook hacking going on that has nothing to do with our fight against soring that could affect the group member status.  I believe it is part of a group owner's responsibility to take steps to make sure the group does not get attacked by hackers.

The second reason is because of the continued outside attacks on this group and people reposting our posts when we are leaving everyone else alone.  I will say that I fight back now and again and I'm just as guilty sometimes of causing problems, but then again at least I admit to my guilt and don't take a holier-than-thou attitude.  I also have to say that it says a lot to me about "their" character that they have to start all of it by using our posts against us.  They call us "terrorists," "fruitcakes," "insane," "tree-huggers," "bunny-rubbers," and the stuff they call me personally...well, let's just say it signals to me that they're afraid because the fight continues and won't stop until soring is gone for good.  And I must say, I'd rather be called a tree-hugger or a bunny-rubber than a horse-abuser or horse-abuse-supporter!

Anyway, I am sure there are plenty of people on the group who act as moles and/or trolls on the Facebook group who will "report back" to those they think need to know what we're saying.  But at least with the group being closed we'll be able to weed them out if necessary.  And we still allow anyone to join who wants to join.  There are currently eight people banned from the group who were banned because of their behavior (cursing, personal attacks, etc.) rather than whether they agree with stacking and/or soring or not.

I still encourage everyone to join if you're on Facebook, however.  A lot of people post a lot of information on there, and sometimes I have a hard time keeping up on this blog!  It's amazing how many people are out there who truly want to save the horse.  I believe that those of you who are true sound horse warriors will want to join to know what we're doing to end this atrocity, and we can always use your help to do so!  Click here for the link to the group.

Thanks for all your support, everyone, and keep up the good work!

No comments:

Blog Archive